Mastering the Art of Adherence for Execution Excellence
3 Keys to Execution Excellence
FEATURING GUEST CONTRIBUTOR: Lee J. Colan, The L Group
We all know the failure rate for plan execution. Business leaders spend time and effort putting together plans, only to find that other things come up and bring us further and further away from what our teams agreed to do to reach organizational goals. How can we remain agile, adaptive and responsive without letting our big ideas collect dust?
As you start planning for next year, mastering the art of adherence can make a difference for you. World-class leaders and organizations use this time-tested, real-world validated formula for boosting execution and winning!
Regardless of the type of plan your team is executing – strategic, risk management, merger & acquisition, product roll-out, etc. – I’ve noticed there are three things in common with organizations who actually stick to their plans and see their desired results.
The 3 Things Successful Business Leaders Enable
When you consistently sharpen Focus, build Competence and ignite Passion, you plant the seeds of victory. Initially, you may not see tangible results, but rest assured growth is occurring under the surface. As you stick with it, momentum builds, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of victory.
- Focus provides the clarity necessary to make decisions that support your most important goals. It results in a clearly defined pathway to success. A sharp focus answers the “what” question – What do you need to do to execute your strategy?
- Competence is used in the broadest sense of the term. It encompasses all the skills, systems, processes and tools a team uses to achieve its goals. The result is the ability to commit to, measure and hit your targets. Building competence answers the “how” question – How will you execute your strategy?
- Passion creates a sense of connectedness. It creates a connection between teammates, a connection to our human need for meaningful work and a connection to each individual’s sense of value and contribution. Igniting passion answers the “why” question – Why are you executing your strategy?
Elevate your team’s ability to execute by watching this video recording of a webinar I presented. You owe it to your team to start driving results by committing to your plan.
Four Drivers of Strategy Execution
Download this guide to understand the cost of allowing poor execution, identify common barriers and learn how to implement a system that encourages a culture of execution.
About the Guest Contributor
Lee J. Colan, Ph.D.
Bestselling Author, Leading Execution Advisor
Lee J. Colan, Ph.D. is co-founder of The L Group, Inc., a consulting firm serving leaders since 1999. The L Group equips and inspires leaders at every level. Lee’s practical models resonate with leaders working in an information-rich, time-poor world. He is an advisor to America’s leading companies and was nominated for Top Management Thinker globally by Thinkers 50. Lee was also a John Maxwell Leadership Award finalist.
Lee has also authored 14 popular leadership books that have been translated into 10 languages, including the bestselling Engaging the Hearts and Minds of All Your Employees and Stick with It: Mastering the Art of Adherence.
AchieveIt is the platform that large organizations use to get their biggest, most important initiatives out of the boardroom and into reality. Too many great ideas never quite make it across the finish line, because there’s no real way to keep everyone on course and keep everything on track. What does it take to actually guide these initiatives all the way through to completion? You’ve got to:
- Get everything in view – so you can see what’s happening with every initiative, at every level, from the enterprise to the individual, in real time.
- Get everyone engaged – with an easy-to-use platform that connects your organization from the executive leadership to the project teams, keeping everyone accountable and on the same page.
- Get every possible advantage – not only because you have the premier platform in this space, but because you can draw on the experience and best practices of our execution experts.
That’s why everyone from global corporations, to regional healthcare systems, to federal agencies have turned to AchieveIt for their Integrated Plan Management. Let’s actually do this.
Ready to improve your plan execution?
Organizations of all types leverage AchieveIt to connect, manage, and execute their most important initiatives. Replace manual processes & siloed systems with interconnected plans in a single, automated platform.