Strategy and the Healthcare Industry: Roundup Post
In order to really know what I am talking about each week, I read a lot – and I mean a lot – of good articles every month on the topics of strategy, leadership, change management and so many others. I want to share these resources with you so they can be as beneficial to your business as they are to me. In order to do this, this is the first post in what will be a monthly roundup featuring all the best articles out there on a particular subject that is important to you. For the first one, I am going to focus on a field that values strategy so highly: the healthcare industry.
I’m breaking it down into three categories: healthcare strategy, healthcare leadership, and healthcare news.
Because AchieveIt focuses on helping you execute your strategies, it is no surprise that a lot of what I read has to do with this particular topic. In the healthcare industry, strategic planning can be difficult, though ultimately vital, topic. That is why learning everything you can about it is so important when you work in these fields.
- How Hospital Communication Strategy Can Ease Growing Pains, Deliver Productivity Gains, by Emily Rappleye, Becker’s Health IT and CIO Review
- 3 Keys to Scaling Up Population Health Management for Providers, by Fred Pennic, HIT Consultant
As the directors of strategy, a service line or any other area of a hospital, leadership skills are vital to getting things done in the healthcare industry and getting them done right. Have you ever sat down and thought about the leaders in your field? I have. And as I do my research, these are some of the things I have learned about the topic.
- 20 Highest Paid Healthcare CEO’s of S&P 500 Companies, by Ayla Ellison, Becker’s Hospital Review
- 23 Latest Hospital, Health System Executive Moves, by Kelly Gooch, Becker’s Hospital Review
- Beth Israel in Boston Reshuffles Hospital Leaders: 3 Things to Know, by Kelly Gooch, Becker’s Hospital Review
The healthcare industry is constantly changing. That is why it is so vital for anyone working in the healthcare industry to keep up with all of the latest trends and innovations. Who is merging this month? What changes are your big competitors making? Basically, what is the news in the healthcare space?
- Why Remote Patient Monitoring and Treatment Is So Important to Healthcare, by John Lynn, Hospital EMR and HER
- 6 Latest Hospital Bankruptcies, Closures, by Ayla Ellison, Becker’s Hospital CFO
- 15 Latest Healthcare Industry Lawsuits, Settlements, by Ayla Ellison, Becker’s Hospital Review
And if I missed any great articles surrounding the healthcare industry this month, just let me know.