In today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, organizational leaders must be more knowledgeable than ever if they want to enhance execution and drive results. This requires a true understanding of the terms and hierarchies involved in the planning and structuring of their organizations.
This guide is designed to walk you through this process in a straightforward manner. Filled with explanations, practical examples, and useful information on how to distinguish between a business process and a service line or a KPI from a strategic plan initiative, you will be better prepared to lead all of your strategic initiatives and start seeing results with this by your side.
In this guide, you will learn:
- The definition of core competencies
- The meaning of the term ‘key business processes’
- The reasons business processes are separate from service lines
- How key performance indicators help you manage your business processes
- The differences between key performance indicators and strategic plan objectives
- How to use dashboards and scorecards to track performance
- Example business processes and KPIs that hospitals use